The Brow or Third Eye Chakra is located in the center of the forehead, just above and between the eyebrows. It is associated with our ability to see clearly, both physically and intuitively.
When this chakra is balanced, we have a strong sense of intuition and inner knowing. We are able to see things clearly, both literally and figuratively. Our thoughts are clear and focused, and we are able to see the big picture.
When this chakra is imbalanced, we may have trouble seeing things clearly. We may be foggy-headed or easily confused. Our thoughts may be scattered or unfocused. We may also have difficulty trusting our intuition or inner knowing.
This meditation will help to balance and open the Brow or Third Eye Chakra.
BEFORE YOU START: Choose a time when you can relax and meditate. You may want to set the mood by using oils, candles, or incense in the color of the chakra. Find a comfortable place where you can sit or lie down without being disturbed.
1. Make yourself comfortable and take deep, slow breaths through your nose.
2. Beginning with the feet and ankles, tense each muscle group in your body until you reach the neck and head. As they relax, feel yourself sink into the floor or chair.
3. It may help to envision the Third Eye Chakra, located between your eyebrows, as a physical entity.
4. Picture the Ajna symbol with white wings on either side of a circle. Concentrate on the golden triangle inside the circle to connect your physical being with your Higher Consciousness…
5. Now imagine that symbol being bathed in the color Indigo. This is a color with violet-blue hues. These hues are coming down from the Crown Chakra at the top of your head. They are also coming up from the Throat Chakra at the base of your neck.
6. The Third Eye Chakra is represented by a lotus flower. To meditate on this chakra, picture the roots of the lotus deeply rooted in your forehead, connecting with the Sushuma, the central column linking all of the chakras together.
7. As you meditate, focus on the area between your eyebrows. You might feel a spinning sensation. This is the Third Eye vortex. You might also sense a pulsing feeling. This is chakra energy.
8. Be aware of any other sensations you may experience, such as smelling the fragrance of the Third Eye Chakra lotus.
9. The Third Eye is just as real as your two physical eyes. It helps you to understand things, see things that are far away, and know the answers to big questions. You need to take care of it and use it every day, as you do with your physical eyes. Let your intuition guide you to a life that is more enjoyable and satisfying.
10. Ease back into the present moment.
The Third Eye Chakra is a powerful tool that can help us to see clearly both physically and intuitively. When this chakra is balanced, we are able to focus our thoughts and see the big picture. This meditation will help to open and balance your Brow or Third Eye Chakra, so be sure to try it regularly!