The Heart Chakra is the fourth chakra. It is located in the center of the chest and is associated with the color green. The Heart Chakra represents our ability to love and be loved. When this chakra is balanced, we feel open to giving and receiving love. We feel compassion for others and ourselves. We are able to forgive and let go of grudges. We have fulfilling relationships and feel a sense of connectedness with the world around us.
When the Heart Chakra is imbalanced, we may feel closed off from others. We may find it difficult to give or receive love. We may be quick to anger or hold onto grudges. We may have difficulty in our relationships or feel disconnected from the world around us.
There are many ways to balance the Heart Chakra. One way is through meditation. Below is a meditation you can do to balance your Heart Chakra.
BEFORE YOU START: Choose a time when you can relax and meditate. You may want to set the mood by using oils, candles, or incense in the color of the chakra. Find a comfortable place where you can sit or lie down without being disturbed.
1. You are about to start a journey to the Heart Chakra… Acknowledge any negative feelings you have, but don’t focus on them. Know that it’s okay and that you are safe and loved.
2. As you travel down the path, take note of your surroundings. The red pathway eventually turns to a sandy orange and then appears to ripple like water beneath your feet. You may feel as though your feet are lighter now, making it easier to walk forward …
3. The road becomes a rich, welcoming yellow color… You can feel the warmth emanating from it and seeping into your feet. It spreads throughout your body, sending a warning that everything is about to be bathed in bright sunlight.
4. Ahead lies a green pathway that leads to a pink palace. As you walk down the path, it falls away beneath your feet as if you’re walking on air. You’ve arrived at the entrance of the pink castle.
5. As you enter the hall, you see your heart on a plinth. It’s appearance moves you – is it frozen in ice, or bleeding from being too open? No matter its state, remember that you’re here to heal it.
6. Always have the right tools for the job. In this case, you’ll need a pick and an ice axe. Use your breath to warm up the ice so it melts faster…Unlock the chain with a key from your pocket.
7. Put your hands on any scars and think about Universal Love to help them go away.…
8. Be aware of the connection between what you are thinking and what is happening in your body. Enjoy these moments.
9. Touch your heart gently and send it a lot of Universal Love, knowing that the more love you give to it will enable it to send more love to other beings.
10. Stay here for as long as you like, then when you’re ready to leave, thank your heart for everything it has done for you. Walk back down the path, and take note of how your surroundings have changed. The colors are brighter and the air feels lighter. You may feel a sense of peace and calm.
The Heart Chakra is our powerhouse of love. By meditating on this chakra, we can open ourselves up to giving and receiving love more freely. We can also find compassion for ourselves and others, and forgive more easily. This chakra helps us to create fulfilling relationships and feel connected to the world around us.