The Throat Chakra is the fifth chakra and is located in the throat. It is associated with the element of sound and the color blue. The Throat Chakra governs communication, self-expression, and truth.
A balanced Throat Chakra allows us to express ourselves clearly and truthfully. We are able to communicate our needs and wants, and we have no problem speaking our minds. We feel confident in ourselves and our abilities.
An imbalanced Throat Chakra can manifest as a fear of speaking or feeling like you are not being heard. You may find yourself shy or withdrawn. You may have a hard time expressing yourself, or you may find yourself talking too much.
If your Throat Chakra is imbalanced, there are a few things you can do to help balance it. One is to practice meditation. Meditation can help to quiet the mind and allow you to focus on the present moment
This meditation will help to open and balance your Throat Chakra.
BEFORE YOU START: Choose a time when you can relax and meditate. You may want to set the mood by using oils, candles, or incense in the color of the chakra. Find a comfortable place where you can sit or lie down without being disturbed.
1. Get into a comfortable position and breathe in through your nose slowly and deeply.
2. Start by tensing your muscles, one group at a time, from your feet to your head… as you sink into the floor or chair, feel the weight of your body…
3. Now focus on your lower head and neck. Imagine a beautiful blue mist entering your mouth, bathing your throat cavity, swirling around your ears, caressing your neck, gliding over your tongue, and relaxing so that the area becomes supple and free from tension.
4. Know where your tension is and focus on that area. The blue mist will help you release it.
5. With each inhale, envision the blue mist becoming more concentrated…with each exhale, see it gradually filling your throat, mouth, tongue, ears, and neck…giving you the courage to speak your truth with compassion–to yourself and others.
6. Relax and focus on the blue mist swirling around your Throat Chakra. Allow yourself to think about what you want and what you need. You always have the right to ask for what you desire– never feel like you’re asking for too much. Your requests are valid, so make sure they’re being heard with respect and patience.
7. Commit to speaking up for yourself, in some way, every day. …
8. By meditating on this beautiful mist daily, you will strengthen your Throat Chakra and move closer to having your needs met by others. You already have everything within you that you need to meet those needs yourself.
The Throat Chakra meditation is a great way to open and balance your chakra. If you have an imbalanced Throat Chakra, this meditation can help to restore balance. Meditation helps to quiet the mind and focus on the present moment. This allows you to express yourself clearly and truthfully. You may find that you are more confident in yourself and your abilities after practicing this meditation technique regularly.